The Counseling Ministry has counselors available to meet with New Life members who are dealing with personal or family challenges (marriage, finances, addictions, forgiveness, and more). Our counselors are dedicated to listening with compassion and offering sound biblical advice. Our elders are also available after every worship service at the front of the main sanctuary for prayer.
What is Ministry Counseling?
- Ministry counseling is confidential, Bible-based counseling by one trained and experienced in counseling ministry.
- Ministry counseling is not designed to treat severe mental illness. We do not perform psychiatric or psychological evaluations, nor prescribe medication.
- The ministry counselor uses prayer and scripture to welcome God’s presence into the healing process.
- A typical counseling session lasts one hour. After the first meeting, the counselor will make recommendations for follow-up appointments and participation in other support ministries at New Life Christian Center.
- Because ministry counseling is only one part of the overall ministry to individuals and families at New Life Christian Center, counselors are encouraged to participate in weekly worship services, classes, support groups, and fellowships at New Life Christian Center in order to achieve the maximum benefit from ministry counseling.
- Counseling appointments are available free of charge to New Life Christian Center members.
- Some of our pastoral counselors are bilingual in English and Spanish.
Counseling is confidential. To learn more fill please fill out the form below and we will contact you. You can also call (210) 679-6050.